Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Why did the tree leave?

Ahh, the colors of fall are on the ridge over the trail and at Kohl's.  There was this kind of perfumed air, but on my way back I found out it was someone steam cleaning their car's carpet.  I have a cold, but I did think it was kind of a different smell than leaves usually have.


A couple of mornings ago I saw three deer on the path.  I kept walking just slightly slower and they watched me until I was invading their "personal space".  Off they bounded.  Said a little thanksgiving prayer because the three of them reminded me of our family of three.


The darkness keeps getting closer to our start time for walking, but it is still beautiful weather.  Now I remember why our anniversary is in October.  It is one of my favorite times of the year.

1 comment: