Friday, October 7, 2011

Have fun storming the castle...

If you are a fan of  "The Princess Bride" you know the line that comes next.  "Do you think they'll make it?"  "It would take a miracle!"


There are lots of inspirational lines in that movie.  Which is why my husband and I and now our daughter have watched it over and over again.  We even have a back-up, back-up copy because we like it so much.


But the miracle for today is that for the first time since I started this 4 to 6 times a week walking thing, my right knee did not hurt!  Or at least this was the first day I noticed.  Maybe it is harder to notice something that isn't there.  Inconceivable!


The other miracle is that my daughter wants to come with me now.  She challenges me to run for a little bit and she is delighted with how easily she can beat me!  Some mornings she would rather sleep, but having her join me may mean it will be easier to keep going when the weather gets uncomfortably cold and the mornings are dark.  That is a good thing.

1 comment: