Friday, October 14, 2011

It is not about the numbers

I remember them talking about this at Weight Watchers.  Sometimes it is better to track your measurements than the number on the scale.


The number on the scale is barely moving, but after walking for over a month I can fit into a smaller size.  We are talking hips here, people.  Nice feedback to fit into smaller, non-elastic waist pants.  Woo hoo!


On Friday, I will get actual feedback from my blood test.  I am actually looking forward to seeing how much my cholesterol numbers went down.  That's a change, too.  Usually I am dreading the bad news.


Another number has changed, too.  My BMI is no longer in the obese range.  Now, I am merely overweight and heading toward normal.  Well, normal weight, anyway...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! Keep going. The numbers really do lie on the scale sometimes. Nice things is that they will eventually change if you keep up the good work. You've been building muscle and loosing fat but muscle just weighs more than fat. But it is also a better thing to carry around instead of the fat--it works instead of just sitting there. :)

    ReplyDelete