Monday, October 24, 2011

Maybe a few less cheeseburgers?

Well, my cholesterol was relatively unchanged.  Except my good cholesterol number went up to 49, and the ratio is better than last time.  I did lose five pounds since my last appointment, so I guess I was not at the plateau I thought.


However, not dreading the doctor's appointment was an accomplishment and now I know that food choices do have quite a bit to do with those numbers.  So, maybe a few less trips to the drive-through and a few more baked or grilled fish dinners will help me be and feel healthier.


And a weekend of indulgence does not have to throw me off the track for the rest of the year.  I actually do like my own cooking, but my taste buds need to be trained to recognize the long-term bad choices and not get distracted by the immediate "tastes good" gratification.


They are trained to prefer diet soda and low-fat popcorn instead of all the sugar and all the fat.  Baby steps, baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment