Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Visible improvement

Well, this morning it happened.  I was not just aware of sore muscles; I could actually see a muscle in my leg.


Wearing a pedometer on most days helped me to figure out that even when I wasn't "going for a walk" I actually could accumulate a couple of miles a day just doing what I normally do.


When the weather was snowy last year, going to the gym was not an option even if I had a membership.  But I was surprised how many steps shoveling the driveway and doing laundry (downstairs) added up to in a few days.


Not saying that all my "couch potato" activities are eliminated.  I still like to watch TV sometimes and a few games of Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook is relaxing after a day of teaching, but my goal is not to make sitting around what I am characterized by.  Don't want my legacy to be my knowledge of TV or movie trivia, but passing on a healthy lifestyle to my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment