Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Caramel apples, sort of

There is just something about autumn that I love.  The crispness in the air.  The reduced air conditioning costs.  And the one holiday that is just about food--Thanksgiving.  (Not really, I do give THANKS, too.)


I also enjoy mixing candy corn and peanuts as a mix.  Tastes reminds me of a Payday candy bar.  This year I was really craving caramel apples...But that thick caramel is messy, not good for my teeth or waistline.  So, I came up with a compromise alternative.  According to the package of caramels, a serving is 5 pieces.  I eat a giant Granny Smith apple, alternating bites with the caramels.  Less calories than my first choice, but better than not feeding the craving and eating everything else instead.  


What mind games do you play with food?

No comments:

Post a Comment