Saturday, September 10, 2011

just colorful

I actually got up early to take a walk.  I figure if I can develop this habit first then I can adjust the type and quantity of food later.  When I worked on the food choices first and then started exercising, I just felt HUNGRY.


But today, there were a couple of bonuses from walking.  As I reached the first bend in the trail, I glanced at the sky and saw a double rainbow.  Beautiful, and a benefit of getting up a bit earlier.  At the same turn on my way back...no rainbow.  But, there was a colorful hot-air balloon above the treetops.


Color is one of the advantages of not going to the gym and walking outside.  Seeing my neighbors lush lantana and all the wild plants along the trail.


Good smells is another advantage of being outside.  The trail smells differently because of what is growing now than it did in May or June.


Anyway, seeing rainbows and hot air balloons is just a more fun way to start the day.  I am grateful God doesn't make us live in a black and white world.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Visit some other blogs that you like and leave comments (when you feel like it), or continue placing the link on facebook. I think you have something wonderful here!

    ReplyDelete