Friday, November 11, 2011

Why does it feel like hibernation?

I have a really bad habit during these cold months.  I must think I am related to a bear, because I want to load up on carbs.  Breads and cake and pie and whatever is in my eye line.  Even before I was overweight I weighed more in the winter than the summer.  Of course, that could have had something to do with my increased activity level in those mild and warm days of spring and summer.  Maybe the availability of fresh fruits and veggies at a more reasonable price?

Snow days are not really days that inspire me to go for a walk outside.  But from last winter I learned that shoveling the driveway is quite a workout.  Especially when you have to do it several times a day!

Probably doesn't help that I want to find a popped popcorn recipe with dark chocolate to give as gifts for Christmas.  All that taste testing may not be a good idea.  Oh well, today is a brand new day.  And today I am going to put on my warmest sweats and go for a walk.  Later, 'gators.

2 comments:

  1. ah Lynda, I can hear you talk when reading what you write. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, thank you. Amanda has this ability when she writes also. Her letters to Nicole are such a stitch. Guess I have always liked words. It is nice to see that something that isn't a bad habit has rubbed off on my girl.

    ReplyDelete