Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy or Gorgeous?

The other morning in the shower I noticed the two choices for my body wash.  One has happy in the name; the other says gorgeous.  So every morning, I make a choice. Do I want to be happy or gorgeous?

The gorgeous body wash was actually picked out by my daughter.  She likes the scent and it has some sparkle to it.  The happy one, I picked out and it smells mildly of citrus and is very reasonably priced.  But even so, I normally pick "happy" to start my day.  Maybe "gorgeous" just seems like too much work.  Also, I figure with God's help, I can be happy every day.  Gorgeous seems to fade with age.

So every morning, with God's assistance.  I can have a happy day.  Whether the number on the scale is slightly up or going down.  Whether home schooling seemed productive or a day-long argument.  Whether the laundry gets completely done or left in the dryer.  Jesus, we are set to have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment